How to create a crypto Wallet? This is the biggest question that hovers in the minds of every crypto-enthusiastic startup. Everyone knows Cryptos have been the hottest topic for the past two decades. Unimaginable events and groundbreaking revolutions are made possible through these cryptocurrencies. While cryptos get a major place in the life of a user, they tend to have perfect software to safeguard their assets.
When safety and security became a priority, the crypto tale turned out with these needs. The refreshing twist of the crypto tale is the launching of a crypto wallet. Everyone must have their crypto wallet to execute any of the crypto purposes potentially. While the needs are increased, new opportunities are unlocked for cryptopreneurs. The competition for creating a crypto wallet is hyped among budding startups.
People who want to leave their footprints in the crypto realm will choose to create their own crypto wallet as their business. Coming back to the core question of how to create a crypto wallet, many are unaware of the crypto wallet app creation process.
Ok, without wasting your precious time, we shall delve into the best part…
Benefits of Creating Your Crypto Wallet
OK, let’s start with the statement that creating a crypto wallet is beneficial for startups. Do you agree with this? You may think, that developing a crypto wallet may help you to reap profits, build a community, or gain more followers. These may seem to be the primary benefits. But, have you ever dreamt or thought apart from that? Don’t worry, We have come up with more unknowable benefits of developing a crypto wallet.
Adopting the Crypto Realm
Startups who aspire to make a revolution in the crypto world must have the capacity to adopt the advancements. When you choose to create a crypto wallet as a business idea, you can easily adapt to the present crypto market. This is because a crypto wallet is essential for every crypto transaction and other purposes.
Hence, you would be the first to introduce the more advanced features for crypto users. This helps you to stay with the crypto market trend. It also helps to analyze and fulfill the needs of crypto users.
Innovation in Features
If you want to develop your own crypto wallet, it is important to provide various features and functionalities. Features are an important factor that helps your crypto wallet to stand out of the box. This is an add-on advantage where new users choose your crypto mobile wallet over others. Even in the competitive crypto market, you can achieve success easily.
The higher the features, higher the user count. This would be the modern phrase for budding and growing startups. With immense and potential features, you can gain more users which is an additional factor for profitability.
Creating a crypto wallet would help you extend your business to the next level. This means after the launch of a crypto wallet, you will be able to build other crypto businesses. Like investing in building a crypto exchange, launching a DEX platform, or a NFT marketplace. Hence, launching a crypto wallet will be the base for every other crypto business.
This will turn you into a business whale in the crypto realm. You can cater your crypto wallet to the demands of the users. On the contrary, you can also join hands with decentralized exchanges for increased profits.
As a startup, while creating your crypto wallet you must create one with cross-platform compatibility. That means a crypto wallet that can be accessible for both mobile and desktop users. This will help you to increase your user count from both mobile and desktop users. Additionally, if you create both iOS and Android versions for your crypto wallet mobile app, that would increase the number of users drastically.
As crypto wallets are an essential need for crypto transactions, users are expected to have their accounts in the crypto wallet. So, the usage of crypto wallets is more as much as the users. Hence, this would be the perfect start for budding startups who are eager to reap more profit in the crypto field. Through various means like trading fees, convenience fees, and others, revenue can be generated.
These are some of the potential benefits of creating a crypto wallet. Who else says no to this beneficial business idea? We think you too will not say no. If you choose Crypto wallet creation, we can jump into the steps to be followed for creating a crypto wallet.
Steps On How To Create a Crypto Wallet
To create a crypto wallet follow these 10 easy steps…
Step 1: Come Up with a Reasonable Business Idea
The foremost step to consider is to be clear on your crypto wallet business. You must analyze the pros & cons, benefits, profit-reaping streams, current crypto market, competitors, etc. Be aware of a new blockchain network and plan to create your wallet perfectly.
This helps you to launch the crypto wallet seamlessly. Additionally, when you are clear on the development process, you can estimate the time, energy, and cost of creating a crypto wallet.
Step 2: Legal and Regulatory Considerations
Even though cryptocurrencies are making a revolution in the financial industry, still many are not sure about that. This is due to various trust factors, scams, and less crypto awareness. As many people are not aware, many countries have not yet formulated proper rules and regulations. So, before the creation process, you have to get the expert team guidance for legal considerations.
Privacy and Data Protection
Depending upon the user’s security, many jurisdictions expect the crypto wallet creator to follow some of the criteria. Before that, make sure about your jurisdiction ie., your region for the launch of the crypto wallet. For example, the US has separate formulations for both the type of custodial and non-custodial wallets.
For launching the crypto wallet, every startup has to follow AML (Anti-Money Laundering) compliance and CDD (Customer Due Diligence). This is to protect the sensitive data of the crypto users.
As mentioned earlier, each country and region has its own crypto rules and regulations. Approach a legal expert and auditor to submit your financial reports to the governing bodies occasionally. Through this, you can gain the trust of your crypto wallet users.
Virtual Asset Service Providers
For virtual assets, the global organization FATF (Financial Action Task Force) has enacted a new policy of ‘Guidance for a risk-based approach to Virtual Assets and Virtual Asset Service Providers’. This rule explains the complete rules for the working of cryptocurrencies, crypto-accepting countries or jurisdictions, and virtual asset service provider rules.
So, before enacting these steps, completely learn and get a detailed description of the rules, regulations, and norms for creating your crypto wallet.
Step 3: Complete Roadmap for Creating a Crypto Wallet
When you have a reasonable crypto wallet business idea, then you have to frame the potential roadmap. Preparing the perfect roadmap involves,
Setting Clear Objectives
The roadmap must have a complete set of objectives, goals, and vision. This would help you to reap the expected key results. Without a proper framework, it would be difficult for you to implement your ideas further.
Analyzing Features and Functionalities
After framing the objective, analyze your competitor crypto wallets to get an idea for implementing features. By integrating user-friendly features, and robust security protocols, you can take your crypto wallet to the next level. So, before going to the development process be aware of your feature integration.
One of the major factors in getting the attention of crypto users is done through UI design. Research the crypto user needs and expectations for a crypto wallet. Frame the possibilities of implementing them into your crypto wallet.
Utilizing Open-source Libraries
Frame the possible codes, resources, and tech stack from various open-source libraries. Even though this is mainly based on the developer part, as a creator you must know the basics, right? So, include these factors in your roadmap. If you aren’t aware of that seek help from developers and experts.
Try to provide an advanced-level and high-speed API integration for your wallet. As you are going to develop a crypto wallet, communication will be an essential factor. The APIs provide access to the blockchain data of multiple wallets.
Also, the crypto wallet users can get information on the crypto balance, execute transactions, and crypto portfolios. Hence, implement potential APIs that help users to interact. While preparing the roadmap, try to include the essential API codes for further integration.
To increase the security and protection of the crypto wallet user’s account, you can integrate cloud services. When both blockchain technology and cloud services are infused, users can utilize higher privacy for transactions. So, try to include the important cloud services while framing the roadmap.
Selection of Technology Stack
Choosing the right technology stack is also an important factor for the crypto wallet creation. Including an advanced-level tech stack would help your crypto wallet app stand ahead in the crypto market. When you choose an advanced technology, you may get enough resources to implement complex features in the crypto wallet. So, choose wisely.
Blockchain and Smart Integration
While formulating the roadmap, be clear on the blockchain choice and the smart contract code. Based on the blockchain’s efficiency, speed, and gas fees you can pick them accordingly.
Step 4: Choosing the Relevant Blockchain for Creating a Crypto Wallet
After completing the roadmap formulation, you have to choose the very important thing for creating a crypto wallet. It is none other than the choice of the blockchain network. When choosing the blockchain platform, you need to consider some of the key aspects.
Factors to Consider in Selection
The crypto realm is flooded with numerous blockchains. Analyze them thoroughly and pick the perfect at the same time, popular blockchain network. This is because choosing the potential blockchain is the base for your crypto wallet creation.
- Security Protocols
- Transaction Speed & Cost
- Convenient User Experience
- Gas Fees
Depending on the above-mentioned criteria, you can pick the best blockchain network. The blockchain network plays a pivotal role in the success of the crypto wallet. So, make the perfect decision.
Popular Blockchain Choices for Startups
If you do not know about effective blockchain networks, don’t worry. We have picked some of the best blockchains presently ruling the crypto market.
- Ethereum – The Ethereum blockchain runs under the PoS (Proof-Of-Stake) consensus mechanism. Ethereum supports decentralized applications which are widely chosen for crypto wallet creation. As smart contracts are the primary factor in this blockchain, users can utilize the crypto services without third-party interference.
- Solana – The Solana blockchain comprises more or less the similar functionalities of the Ethereum network. It offers lower transaction fees with higher transfer speed. If you want to offer your users with more user-friendly interface, best to go with the Solana blockchain network.
- BNB Chain – The BNB chain is introduced by the Binance exchange platform to overcome the shortcomings of the Binance chain. The primary aim of this blockchain is to execute smart contract-based applications in the crypto market. Therefore, it would be a great choice for developing a crypto wallet efficiently.
- Tron – The Tron blockchain is highly popular for its decentralized nature and dApp support. One of the key features of the Tron blockchain is its transaction speed and cost. Popular crypto wallet Trust wallet is compatible with the Tron blockchain.
- Avalanche – The Avalanche blockchain is designed primarily to offer its users with fast, secure, and efficient crypto transactions. It provides primary focus to rectify the scalability issues and crypto transaction speeds.
So, before delving into the topic of creating a crypto wallet, choose the blockchain network based on these criteria. This is because a crypto user who chooses your wallet will first check the blockchain network. As this would be a deciding factor for users, pick them accordingly.
Step 5: Determine the Wallet Type Before Creating a Crypto Wallet
In the crypto world, there are various kinds and types of crypto wallets created based on numerous factors. Have you not yet known about the types of crypto wallets? Relax, we have categorized them for easy understanding.
The crypto wallets are divided primarily based on the governance mode. In simple words, it is classified depending on third-party interference. Based on these, the crypto wallets are differentiated into custodial and non-custodial wallets.
Custodial Crypto Wallet – In these crypto wallets, the user’s cryptocurrencies are held by a central entity to secure them. The custodial wallets are primarily used in centralized crypto exchange platforms. While onboarding to the exchange platform, users are expected to complete the KYC and AML authentication. One of the unique features of using this custodial wallet is users can recover their password.
Non-Custodial Crypto Wallet – The non-custodial wallet possesses a decentralized nature where users have to maintain their digital assets. That means users have 100% access and control over their cryptocurrencies. If the seed phrase or the private key of the crypto wallet is lost, it can’t be recovered. Some of the popular crypto wallets are Trust Wallet and Metamask Wallet.
The crypto wallets that are classified depending on the usage means are Hot and Cold Wallets. Each crypto user chooses the crypto wallet based on their convenience.
Hot Wallet – The Hot crypto wallets can be used only with internet accessibility. This also decides the usage mode of the crypto users. Hence it is used with internet access, the chances for fraudulent activities are less.
Cold Wallet – The cold wallets are opposite to the hot wallet. That means even without internet accessibility, users can utilize their access for their wallet account. Compared to Hot wallets, Cold wallets are highly secured.
By Usage Mode (Device)
Each crypto user has the convenience of storing and securing their crypto assets. Hence, in various forms, the crypto wallets are available accordingly.
Paper Wallet – In this type of crypto wallet, users can store their private and public keys on paper. Also, a QR code scanner is provided to users which they can simply scan for transacting their cryptos.
Hardware Wallet – The Hardware wallet is available as a USB drive where users can store their cryptocurrencies securely. Risky users who fear using online crypto wallets would choose these hardware wallets.
Desktop Wallet – Users can access their wallets either on a desktop laptop or computer. These wallets are highly suitable for crypto users who trade cryptocurrencies as their primary job.
Web Wallet – Web wallets are also like desktop wallets but the only difference is, that they can be accessed anywhere from any device. These types of crypto wallets work with cloud services. Hence, the private keys can be stored online also.
Mobile App Wallet – The mobile wallet app is considered a convenient way for all crypto users from beginners to experienced traders. As everyone has their mobiles at hand, they can easily get access anywhere and anytime.
Step 6: Formulate the Relevant Features for your Crypto wallet
“As much as features, As much as the users” This is a modern phrase that explains the importance of integrating features. The features are also the determinative factor for crypto users. Some of the key features to be included in the crypto wallet have been listed below.
Essential Features for creating a crypto wallet
- Secure Login – Security factors are an important feature of every crypto wallet. In that regard, users expect more secure login for the sake of protecting their cryptocurrencies from scams and hacks. User authorization for logging into the crypto wallet is a key feature.
- 2FA Or MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) – Even though security measures are taken, risky users crave the crypto wallet creator to provide more security protocols. Hence, it is better to implement two-factor authentication or multi-factor authentication.
- QR Code Scanner – The QR code scanner is offered for users to access the crypto wallet anywhere. At the same time, it also ensures security, convenience, and efficient transactions for users.
- Multi-crypto Support – As crypto wallets are the primary source for every crypto purpose, it is essential to offer multi-crypto support. Once many crypto support is offered, you can cover all blockchain network users.
- Optional Session Logout For Added Security – This would be an add-on module for enhanced security and robust features. When the crypto wallet is logged out as much as possible, the chances of hacking would reduce drastically.
- Integration Of Paper Wallet Import – A QR code scanner is offered in a paper where users can send, receive, store, and secure their cryptocurrencies. Users who want to get rid of online scams, hacks and thefts would prefer this feature.
- Integrated Payment Gateways – By enabling crypto payment gateway options, users can execute their crypto transactions seamlessly. This also helps crypto users to trade digital assets without the problem of hacks and scams.
- Push Notifications – Providing Push notifications regarding the crypto asset prices, the latest trends of cryptos, transaction history, and others is an add-on feature. You can implement this feature to increase the user-friendliness of the crypto wallet.
- Transaction History – One of the essential features to be provided for crypto users is the details of the crypto transaction. This helps users know about their previous transactions and the sender’s details.
- User Chat – The chatting feature between the buyer and the user helps to transact the crypto assets easily.
- Referral – You can integrate various Referral programs to increase the crypto user count.
- Customer Support – To reduce the issues and problems in crypto transactions, you can allot specified customer support features. This will help your users to get immediate support regarding crypto transactions.
Apart from these, you can integrate additional features to stand out of the box among various competitors. Some of the add-on modules are specified for your reference.
Implementation of Advanced Level Features
- Commission calculation – Gas and commission fees are charged for every crypto transaction. When it is open for users before the crypto payment, it will help them to calculate. Hence, implementing this feature in your crypto wallet would help you to gain more users.
- Conversion of fiat into crypto – To make the user’s crypto transactions easy, you can implement the conversion feature. Through this, users with fiat currency can turn them into cryptocurrencies. This helps to increase crypto transactions. In which, this also benefits you by gaining the attention of a wide range of crypto users.
- Staking – With these features, users won’t search for a secure platform for staking their cryptocurrencies. It would be helpful for users to trust your crypto wallet platform.
- Management Of Familiar Addresses – This feature will save the contacts of the user’s frequently crypto-transacted address. Hence, users don’t take much time to choose the relevant address. This increases the user-friendliness of your crypto wallet.
- Multi-platform Support – When your crypto wallet can be integrated into various CEX and DEX platforms, it would be an add-on benefit. Within a single crypto wallet, users can proceed with various crypto functions.
- Backup and Recovery – This is a potential feature for recovering the lost seed phrase or any other crypto wallet details easily.
Implementation of features and functionalities is the core part of creating a crypto wallet. Here, you can integrate your business strategies to reap profit and more users.
Step 7: Choose Credible Development Partners to create a crypto wallet
Once after finalize the features for integration, you have to choose the best development partner. To develop a crypto wallet seamlessly, you have to analyze numerous development companies. Whether they possess enough developer teams, experts, and resources. So that you can develop a crypto wallet with ease.
They will help and guide you in framing the essential factors like the choice of the blockchain network, feature integration, UI/UX design, and legal considerations. Choose a reputed crypto-based software development company that has a decent portfolio.
Step 8: Focus on security and quality assurance (QA) engineers
After collaborating with the development partner, you have to focus on other important factors. That is nothing but, Integrating security features and assuring the quality of the crypto wallets.
- Wallet Security Essentials – Even though the blockchain network is used in the crypto wallet creation, you are responsible for offering additional security. From crypto beginners to experienced crypto users, everyone chooses a crypto wallet based on their security protocols.
- Preventing Hacks and Data Breaches – The chances for hacking the private key and wallet data occur frequently. So to safeguard your user’s wallet, you are responsible for integrating security features like browser detection security, database encryption, and anti-phishing protection.
After ensuring the security protocols and threat protection features in the crypto wallet, you can then deploy them.
Step 9: Deployment
Once you are satisfied with the features and security protocols, you can then deploy them. You can test it before deploying them in the crypto market. Some of the key points to keep in mind before deploying the crypto wallet have been enlisted.
- Deployment Strategies – Before launching a crypto wallet, be sure about the current trend, need, and demand for new wallets. Choose the perfect jurisdiction and region for launching your crypto wallet.
- Scalability and Performance – Check through the scalability issues before launching the crypto wallet for use. In addition to that, check all the technical issues, problems, and bugs. This ensures the quality of the crypto wallet and the user-friendliness.
If you are not sure even after testing your crypto wallet, release a beta version of the crypto wallet. Through this, you can get the reviews from the actual users and improve the shortcomings.
Step 10: Final Release, Maintenance, and Future Update
Even after deployment, you have to check at times to ensure the working of the crypto wallet.
- Regular Maintenance Tasks – You have to keep a check on the crypto wallet regularly to rectify the technical bugs. With developers and experts’ help, try to update & upgrade your crypto wallet occasionally.
- Updating Wallet Features – Regularly update the crypto wallet with additional features, plugins, and security plugins. Through this, you can stay up to the trends and fulfill the needs of crypto users.
These are the essential steps to be followed in the crypto wallet creation process. Even if the process seems to be lengthy it is not a daunting process. With proper guidance from the developer team, you can create the wallet seamlessly. When involved in the development process, many startups face some common challenges and problems. The next part is about that. So, have a look at it.
Challenges While Creating a Crypto Wallet
“New innovations are made when challenges are met” This can be applied in developing a crypto wallet too. When you come to know about the frequent challenges, it will be easy for you to rectify them while developing. As mentioned earlier, we have enlisted some of the common challenges.
When it comes to digital assets, there won’t be assured security for storing them. Hence, you need to provide relevant security for your crypto users. You are expected to ensure the security of the transaction data, seed phrase, and private & public keys. This is because you are the one to take responsibility for securing the sensitive user data.
When you design your crypto wallet to support various blockchain networks, you may face blockchain fork problems. It may not occur often, but if it happens you must have enough knowledge to rectify that. You can seek the support of the developer team for further technical requirements.
As mentioned earlier, it is essential to frame the crypto wallet roadmap based on the specific jurisdiction. By choosing that, you can analyze the rules, regulations, and norms for launching the crypto wallet effectively. This can reduce illegal activities, fines, and others at the initial stage itself.
Even after proper planning and execution, you may lag in gaining users. This would be the biggest challenge in launching the crypto wallet. So, it is better to release a beta version of your crypto wallet to ensure a response from users. It will help you to rectify the technical bugs, errors, and problems initially.
When you tend to create a crypto wallet, you may not be sure about the technology stack and coding. Even new features may require higher advanced technical developers and technologies. So, ensure that you have enough resources, developers, technicians, excerpts, and project managers to create a crypto wallet.
That’s it. These are the common challenges faced while creating a crypto wallet. Try to avoid this and take proper precautionary measures to launch a potential crypto wallet. With these, you have to choose the exemplary development method. They are the determining factors for the cost estimation and time taken for creating a crypto wallet.
Development Methodologies To Create A Crypto Wallet
Through numerous ways, you can easily develop your crypto wallet with a development team. Yet, you have to pick the best one that suits your business, budget, and resources. Among various methods, we have provided the details of the most commonly chosen methods. In fact, they are the efficient methods for launching a crypto wallet.
Development from Scratch
When you go with this method, you are one to choose and design the whole crypto wallet. From UI/UX design to technology stack, you have to develop the crypto wallet from scratch. If you want to create your own identity then you can go with this method. But, if you want to develop your crypto wallet within your budget, then this development method won’t suit you.
This is because, as you develop each function & feature from scratch you need a skilled set of developers. To hire them and implement your crypto wallet development, consumes more time and energy. It takes around 6 months to one year to develop a crypto wallet.
Additionally, you have to spend more than $25,000 to launch your crypto wallet. So, if you are a startup, this method won’t suit you. It is better to go with another method of picking White-label crypto wallet software or wallet script.
White Label or Wallet Script
The White-label crypto wallet software and Crypto wallet script are more or less the same concept. Yet, there are minor differences between the both. At first, the white-label crypto wallet software is a pre-designed, well-developed, and bug-free software that has the essential features, functionalities, and plugins of a crypto wallet. As it is partially developed, you can customize the UI/UX design, user/admin dashboard, security protocols, plugins, and tech stack.
With this software, you can launch the crypto wallet within 1 month to 3 months. As it is previously developed, you only need a limited number of developers and experts for launching. Rather the crypto wallet script is ready-made, multi-tested, and tailor-made software which is a replication of an existing crypto wallet. In simple words, if you are inspired by the popular Metamask or Trust wallet, you can replicate them.
By choosing the Metamask crypto wallet script you can imitate the features, functionalities, and plugins in your wallet. By simply adopting them, you can launch your crypto wallet as soon as possible. And the cost of a crypto wallet script is also less compared to other methods. So, it would be a perfect choice for developing a crypto wallet if you are a startup.
Based on these development methodologies, the cost of building a crypto wallet may change. Many factors play a vital role in developing a crypto wallet.
How Much Does it Cost to Create a Crypto wallet?
The approximate cost to create a crypto wallet would range from $25,000 to $30,000. But, wait. This is not the exact cost or price for developing a crypto wallet. Many factors determine the cost of launching the crypto wallet. Some of them are,
- Complexity of Feature
- Development Methodology
- Developer Team
- Customization Options
- Technology Stack
- Legal & Regulatory Factors
Hence, if you plan the roadmap perfectly, you can reduce the cost estimation for creating a crypto wallet. Get guidance and support from the development team to lower the cost within your business budget. Once you have planned the cost estimation, then you have to launch your wallet at the perfect time.
For that, you must analyze the current need & demand for crypto wallets in the crypto realm. Next, we have framed the important part for the common query on…
How Long Does It Take To Create a Crypto Wallet?
The average time taken to create a crypto wallet may range from 15 days to 3 months. Yet, this completely depends on your choice of development methodology. If you are developing the crypto wallet from scratch, the time taken may be longer than your estimation. Rather if you go with picking a white-label software or wallet script, within 15 days to 1 month you can launch your crypto wallet.
We ensure that we have covered all the necessary details for creating the best crypto wallet. So, it’s time to learn about our crypto development services. Are you wondering…
Why Choose Coinsclone To Create a Crypto Wallet?
Coinsclone is a leading Crypto Exchange Development Company that has completed nearly 90+ crypto projects. Our team has the capacity to handle the even more challenging crypto wallet mobile app creation. We are also experts in offering perfect solutions for launching your crypto wallet seamlessly. Get in touch with our developer team to create a potential crypto wallet.